Monday, May 12, 2014

How to Get a Philippine Passport When You Don't Have Government IDs?

I was discouraged when I was planning to apply for my passport for the first time. My friend told me that I should prepare at least two government IDs. And because I live here in the Philippines, the process on getting a government IDs would not be so easy.
What I got here were just voter's ID (and I was still single then); my Postal ID; (which was not a government ID) and that's pretty much it. I just took an NBI Clearance too and that was all I got. Getting an SSS ID, BIR or a driver's license would take up so much time.
Here is DFA's List of Acceptable IDs.

And I didn't have any of the Government IDs.
So here were the only IDs I had.
-Voter's ID (when I was still single)
-Postal ID
-NBI Clearance
-Old Employment ID
And to my surprise, they accepted it.
Another friend of mine who doesn't have any government IDs use his Old School IDs (way back from elementary), even his Yearbook from High school.  So don't worry if you don't have the government IDs, just try to show whatever IDs that you have, after all, you have the supporting documents anyway such as NSO birth certificate (they will get the original), marriage license from NSO, Police Clearance and Baranggay Clearance.
Here are the list of supporting documents you need to prepare and you must have at least three from the list.


You wouldn't believe it just took me 5 minutes to apply for my Passport. I didn't have an appointment because I applied at DFA San Fernando Pampanga, the one inside at Robinsons Mall, across SM Pampanga. Yes, it was very fast and easy. You can just walk in and they will accommodate you. The only disadvantage of applying Passport from DFA San Fernando Pampanga is that the fastest they could possibly deliver your passport is within 14 business days, unlike in Manila wherein you can have your Passport within 7 working days. The reason for this is because you don't set an appointment with them. Again, you don't have to set for an appointment online if you're applying for Passport at DFA San Fernando Pampanga. You save yourself from the hassle of setting up an appointment online but you have to wait for 14 working days before you get your Passport if it's rush, and 30 days for regular process. I only recommend applying Philippine Passport at DFA San Fernando Pampanga only if you're not in a hurry.
Click this to have a better understanding about DFA requirements in getting a Philippine Passport and again, I just want to stress out that this is the system at DFA San Fernando Pampanga only. I'm not quite sure if it is the same in DFA Manila. This happened last November 2013 and earlier this year, 2014, another friend of mine applied here and she told me the process is just the same.

If you have any questions, suggestions, or stories you want to share, please leave a comment here. I'd love to hear from you and respond to you as soon as possible. You may also follow me on twitter, I follow back :)
So there you go! Hope this helps.
To God, to God, to God be the glory. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment